Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Storystyling : Sylvan Petrol & (General) Motors (5 / foYr)


how / one / looks

I observe the world through the eyes of a criminal. Not because I am vegan: not all vegans are criminals. Nor is it so because I am using a figure of speech. What I mean is that a criminal cannot have eyes that are not of a criminal nature.

Hence, during the day, I track the forest mirrored in the knots of busy steps hurrying toward screens to display yet another endless string of digits that like a waterfall pour down the pages buzzing with euphoric electrons. I monitor the distant galaxies reflected in the leisure sleeves, silk legs, and satin collars moving through the digitized jungle, dashing through ecstatic pathways unaware of the subdued rhizomorhic maps anchoring my look. I look at the spark glistening from the smiling constellations.

At night, I see the facades of glass buildings wrinkling, morphing, transfiguring into grotesquely distorted, ghastly degenerated masks. Through thick folds carving the relief across that bewildering facescape of the city sneaks a lick of steam. It reeks of its gelatinous texture. It is salivating through the crevices appearing from underneath the paths of steam, the aura of smoke. They pave the roofs, they fold the trees, they envelope the houses, they leak into the swooshing currents raging throughout the abandoned avenues. They lather the shop windows in a creepy conversation with dimlit lampposts. They seep into clouds’ earlobes. It rains moonoiling.

Short-circuited by the slimy adhesive, bouncing particles are poised in the midst of their vertiginous kinetic bacchanalia. It happens amid the orgy of hissing static. I like the sound of it. It happens in the intersections in interstices. That’s the language i can understand and speak. and so can u. it’s called the poetics of the remix.

--Kessenem / pleazy.


***

Being vegan, I observe. That’s one of the ways of learning. I’ve learned many things so far. Yet, I continue to observe. I’ve been taught that what you see, you need to connect with other stuff you see, conjure up some kind of explanation about how stuff is related, and then, potentially, summon some memories and check if those resonate, and then reimagine some fantasies and dig if they feature positive valences, and then devise the words to pin it all down, and think what it all means to you. I’ve done that zillions of times. It kinda works okay. I can understand what some such instances mean to me. Yet, I never tire of mobilizing the same apparatus every time I observe something. And it kinda works for me. It works okay. You just do one step at a time…kinda…but it feels different when you actually do it. Feels almost like doing all the steps simultaneously, but you, actually, don’t. It’s hard to explain. Maybe it’s not even possible. Who cares

Once, I was observing stuff. I saw a rock. It was standing indifferent to the rhythmic splashing, salt encrusting its rough surface as the water was gliding down its steep slopes. It was desensitized to the seaweed smeared across the dark green mucous, plush patches vibrating  in its gelatinous ecstasy underneath thin layers of withdrawing water. It was standing as if it had been the only appearance in the whole universe. Totally unaware of it. I observed a table. It didn’t know it had four legs. Whether people were sitting at it or not was completely irrelevant for its being positioned as it was. It had no sense of serving the purpose of an accessory in the phenomenon called eating. It was a sad site.

I observed many such things. They were muted. At one frozen moment, I was looking at the world populated with stuff that cannot be related. No past emerged to color the lenses through which these things could be seen. No fantasy reverberated. I was looking at that utterly devastating site trying to explain the situation to myself. I felt as if I was standing in the midst of a bunch of things that to me looked like incarnates of abandonment, desolation, and vacuity. Space they occupied felt like echoes of the wind gushing through colossal tubes. Space they occupied looked like a hooting of the cosmic void reflected in their shadow. I didn’t like it.

I am vegan. Part of who I am is how I look. What I just described is one of the ways of learning how to look. I learned to look at those muted things as if they were a product of an imagination of the rock while it observed the wave totally unaware of the foam it created as it glided down the sides of the rock. I imagine the table could look at the plates in the way salad could imagine the wooden surface as a pillow underneath the head of the chalice as it exudes steam from the concoction bubbling within it. I learned to explain to myself the look of those muted things the way I would figure out words to talk about any other site. But not exactly in the same way. It’s hard to explain how those differ. Perhaps it’s not even possible. Who knows


: manners first 4 f*ck sake!

--all hail the language of words as the vocabulary of discourse imagines it as it converses with the vernacular of parlance, ha!

: lo, yo!

--yo! no number can mask the magic of the utterance as sublime as the mellifluous, soothing effect it pours over the tormented ear of the interlocutor.

: ha! no mask can conceal the vibrancy of figures impersonating the world of letters.

--ha! no letter is as big as the world.

: the world is the realm many a letter has been written about.
--letters, stories, tales…you name it…it’s all rhizomeorphic to me.

 : like one said, manners first 4 f*ck sake!

:   .


***

Being vegan, I observe. I’d been told that the globe was a place so huge that the word vast was a joke of an attempt to suggest the immensity of it. I thought it was unimaginable. I never tried to imagine it, but I took advantage of that abstraction of the fact and sensed my habitat to be an ever so  expanding, versatile entity. methinks me liketh it.

Observing is one of the ways of learning. Thus, as I was immersing myself in the cornucopia of experiences of that nature, I learned that the world had shrunk. I could never detect it with the sense of sight, and if you cannot see it, some say, it’s not there. I never paid attention to that caricature of sagacity. But, I’ve been prone to think that in some quirky way it has. And yet, I could never imagine it.

Imagining is a significant component of learning, I’ve been told. And it is. I imagine hard. Because I phantasmagorize. Because I am vegan. I imagine that it is possible that the world has shrunk, and that it has also been expanded and grew into: (a) a place that defies the notion of  size; (b) an incarnation of that capricious subversion of categories; (c) paradox of sorts. In addition to my phantasmagorizing and imagining hard, the reason for such an assumption is that it’s been tiny and great at the same time, that such synchronicity both undermines and reconfirms the notion of space, that such a hybrid is the embodiment of a self-evident phenomenon, that you can hardly either grasp it or explain it in its entirety.

I couldn’t talk about the world being miniscule and humongous at the same time because it is unimaginable. But, I thought that it was so, and I figured that thinking it was possible because of the way one is in this world. I am certainly not an empirical fundamentalist, but I do know some things are based on experience. As distances were growing bigger, the space was becoming more confining. The more spacious, the more fragmentary. The more compartmentalized, the greater the distances. The smaller it was becoming, the vaster it appeared to be. Weird!

The more I’ve been observing, the more intense static foam has been reveling in a wild, effervescent dance. The more I’ve been learning, the more immobile the oak pillars are. The harder I’ve been imagining, the more radical phantasmagorizer I am.

Being vegan, I observe. The world has become as large as the universe, as small as the spark reflected in its core from the smiling constellations. methinks me liketh it.

Kessenem. / Pleazy.

Verily.



No comments: